SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University girls’s basketball workforce falls to 2-2 in Northeast Conference play as Saint Francis topped the Bulldogs, 70-66, in Smithfield on Friday night.
The game noticed six lead modifications as junior switch Fatou Jallow led the way in which for the Bulldogs with 17 factors. Sophomore Nicole Gallagher additionally chipped in 16 factors because the duo every posted a game-high 5 steals every. Jallow and Gallagher have been the lone double-digit scorers for the Black and Gold as senior Brooke Bjelko added 9 factors adopted by Shannon O’Connor with eight.
Bryant 66, Saint Francis 70
Records: Bryant (4-4, 2-2) | Saint Francis (8-4, 6-0)
Location: Chace Athletic Center (Smithfield, R.I.)
- Saint Francis’s 8-Zero run to kick off the fourth quarter was as we speak’s deciding issue as they regained the lead and didn’t relinquish it till the ultimate buzzer.
How It Happened
- The game began with a sequence of runs after every workforce netted a 3 after the opening tip. The Red Flash took off first on an 8-Zero run sparked by their strongest offensive risk Karson Swogger. The Bulldogs responded instantly when a pair of free throws from Bjelko kickstarted an 8-Zero run of their very own to tie the game at 13 apiece. However, SFU netted two extra buckets earlier than the tip of the primary body to take the lead, 17-13.
- The second quarter noticed 4 lead modifications and a tied rating on 4 completely different events. Ultimately it was SFU who held on to its lead by only one level, 35-34.
- The Bulldogs got here out on hearth in the third quarter posting their greatest taking pictures proportion of the game of 66.7% (8-12), whereas additionally holding the Red Flash to their worst taking pictures efficiency of the game. Saint Francis shot simply 20% (3-15) as Bryant outscored them, 20-15, to take the lead, 54-50, earlier than the ultimate quarter.
- Bryant’s lead was short-lived when Saint Francis scored eight-straight to begin the fourth quarter. An offensive rebound and a putback from O’Connor put the Bulldogs inside one with 6:25 nonetheless left to play, however that was as shut as Bryant would get because the Red Flash closed out the game, 70-66.
- Jallow led the Bulldogs with 17 factors off seven-of-15 taking pictures. She completed the game with a game-high 5 steals, two rebounds, and one help.
- Gallagher trailed intently behind Jallow with 16 factors off six-of-nine taking pictures. Gallagher added eight rebounds, 5 assists, and tied Jallow with a game-high of 5 steals.
- Bjelko contributed 9 factors, eight rebounds, and 4 assists.
- O’Connor added eight factors.
- The Bulldogs shot 46.6% from the sphere (27-58) in contrast to 43.4% (23-53) from SFU.
- The Red Flash outrebounded the Bulldogs, 35-29.
- The game noticed six lead modifications and eight ties.
- Jallow’s 17 factors and 5 steals marks a career-high throughout her time as a Bulldog.
- Gallagher additionally notched a career-best with 5 steals.
- As a workforce, the Bulldogs posted a season-best 15 steals and likewise posted their greatest area aim proportion of the season with 46.6%.
- The Red Flash is now 15-9 all-time in opposition to the Bulldogs.
Bryant hits the highway for the primary time this convention season to meet Central Connecticut on Monday, Jan. 18 at Four p.m. in New Britain.